The National Pedigreed Livestock Council has adopted the objectives:
- (1) sharing, discussing, and acting on livestock industry issues at regular meetings of the membership;
- (2) participating in activity designed to promote the best interests of breeders of pedigree livestock and member organizations;
- (3) joining in efforts to utilize the power and economics of scale for the economic benefit of member organizations;
- (4) providing chief executive officers of the various species and breeds the opportunity of self-education and communication through social and educational interaction, and;
- (5) originating and participating in other activities which in the judgment of the directors are in the best interest of the Council.