Of Position On Animal Care
The National Pedigreed Livestock Council encourages producers to:
- Produce a quality, wholesome, nutritous product.
- Provide a high standard of livestock health.
- Manage livestock in a humane manner.
- Use and maintain transportation and handling facilities that provide livestock health and safety.
- Provide feed and water to maintain livestock health and productivity.
- Consult with a licensed veterinarian concerning animal health care practices.
- Use approved livestock health products according to label directions.
- Sustain and conserve natural resources by proper management of land, air, water and wildlife.
- Support and maintain rural and family traditions important to our society.
Latest update: March 27, 2003