The National Pedigreed Livestock Council represents an organization of executive officers of the various nonprofit breed associations of dairy, horse and pony, sheep, goat, swine and beef species. The Council is an opportunity for the executive officers of different species and breed groups to interchange ideas and learn from one another techniques of fulfilling the individual association objectives.
The National Pedigreed Livestock Council has adopted the objectives:
- Sharing, discussing, and acting on livestock industry issues at regular meetings of the membership;
- Participating in activity designed to promote the best interests of breeders of pedigree livestock and member organizations;
- Joining in efforts to utilize the power and economics of scale for the economic benefit of member organizations;
- Providing chief executive officers of the various species and breeds the opportunity of self-education and communication through social and educational interaction, and;
- Originating and participating in other activities which in the judgment of the directors are in the best interest of the Council.